Tuesday, June 22, 2010
How To ... REDUCE THE RELEVANCE OF PARLIAMENT
1. Propose to shift the Parliament to Putrajaya.
2. Ignore the fact that if anyone(not naming any country here!) wants to disable the government of the country, they can just hit one single target. Wipe the slate clean. Year Zero for Malaysia.
3. Propose to relocate the country's No.1 elected representative assembly into the Putrajaya International Convention Centre.
4. Ignore my view that the PICC is, as a parliment building, hideous. Come on... look at it. Out-of-the-world-ugly. A building only a Martian could love. It is the Alien Mother Ship.
5.Ignore history. Ignore heritage. Ignore good taste. Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.
6. And with the exile of the Parliament to the hinterlands, away from the bustle and vitality of Kuala Lumpur, you can finally ignore the citizens of the country's capital. The biggest and most metropolitan city in Malaysia. Come on. Admit it. You never really liked us.
7. Ignore the objections of MPs who rather keep the Parliament as is. But in the long run, they are likely to follow their political antenna.
8. Ignore the view that a parliament should always be within immediate reach of the populace. Much easier for the masses to lay seige and storm the place. This is good. Keeps our politicians (whether they are Jedis or Siths) on their toes. Or maybe this is their reason? See step 6.
9. Do it. Come on. Why wait for the viability report. The fact you are even considering this proposal seriously is the best joke of the month. Well, not counting the French soccer team, that is.